We’re always looking for brilliant people to work with us and spread the vital messages of our campaign! Check out our open vacancies below and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Press and communications Manager
Reporting to Campaigns Director
Full time, fixed term, 12-month contract
Salary: approximately ~£30,000-£35,000 depending on experience
Closing date October 9th: rolling applications with a view to recruit ASAP. London based.
We’re hiring a creative, innovative and proactive Press and Communications Manager to help take the critical messages of our campaign to new and diverse audiences.
The role involves identifying and creating media opportunities to establish Make My Money Matter as a leading voicein the fight for a more sustainable world. This position also involves devising creative PR moments to raise our profile, developing communications resources to amplify our campaign, and running events to help us connect with key stakeholders.
We’re looking for someone who has a keen eye for a media opportunity, has a good network of relationships (and wants to develop it further), and is comfortable translating complex information into easily digestible segments. We’re looking for an enthusiastic self-starter, someone comfortable in an entrepreneurial and multi-disciplinary setting, and a creative individual passionate about Make My Money Matter’s mission to build a better world.
Spearheaded by film maker, SDG advocate and co-founder of Comic Relief, Richard Curtis,
Make My Money Matter works to create public demand to invest in people and planet. Starting with pensions, we help people find out where their money’s being invested and empower them to demand it does better. Once we have helped catalyse this demand, we connect this movement with decision makers in the public and private sector, and together call for the financial system to put people and planet on a par with profit.
Doing this, we aim to move trillions of pounds – away from the destructive, harmful investments of the past, and into those which help build a future we can all be proud of.
Our campaign includes three core workstreams:
- Public Campaign: We’re going to tell the story of how we can create a better future for people and planet, and of how our money can do good while it grows – without compromising on returns. We’re going to show people what their money does now, and give them a call to action to demand it does better in the future
- High Profile Partnerships: We’re convening NGOs, businesses, universities, local authorities, and public figures, and helping them work with their pension fund to make positive changes that ensures their money aligns with their values
- Policy and Advocacy: We’re working with a core set of partners, including advocacy groups, government agencies, and the finance industry, to create a unifying call for high priority, high impact policy reforms that can transform the system from within. We’ll advocate for this manifesto at key national and global moments, including COP26 and UK hosted G7 in 2021.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are recruiting an exceptional Press and Communications Manager on an initial fixed term, one-year contract. This role will report into the Campaigns Director, with responsibility for driving our media presence, developing effective PR strategies, shaping our internal and external communications, and leading on campaign events. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join a high profile, brand new start up committed to changing the world.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
This is a diverse role requiring someone comfortable working with a range of stakeholders, juggling a variety of priorities, and operating in a fast moving, start-up environment. They will be a flexible and enthusiastic team player with a track record of problem solving, creativity and delivery. They will be an experienced communications and media professional ideally with a track record operating within the climate, finance or international development sectors.
- Devising, developing and delivering impactful media strategies to raise our profile
- Running an effective press office function
- Maintaining and developing a network of influential journalists and publications
- Creating and executing exciting PR moments and events
- Working on compelling narratives for the campaign to engage internal and external stakeholders, drive awareness, and encourage action
- Developing/editing comms materials for specific channels including newsletters, blogs, press releases, social media posts, briefing materials, and similar marketing materials
- Setting KPIs, analysing activities and measuring impact
Your experience could include
- Working in a fast-paced press or media environment
- Running events and PR activities for social purpose initiatives or campaigns
- Writing effective press releases, blogs and other communications assets
- Managing projects and organising public events and stunts
- Working with prominent individuals, i.e. influential media/political figures
- Excellent understanding of UK and global media landscape and current affairs
- Establishing and maintaining strong networks with journalists and other stakeholders
- Working on sustainable finance, climate, international development or public policy
- Demonstrate sound judgment and attention to detail
- Showcase a proven track-record of delivery
- Be an outstanding communicator with the ability to mobilise diverse audiences
- Be quick to build trust and establish relationships
- Be creative, fun and positive team player committed to Make My Money Matter’s aims
- Get stuck in, work proactively and bring a solution orientated mindset
- Be able to work in entrepreneurial settings, often independently and to tight deadlines
- Have UK authorisation to work
In return, we Offer
- Competitive salary and pension contributions, generous holiday entitlement and flexible working
- A fantastic opportunity to make a difference with a high-profile, high impact organisation
- A supportive, inclusive environment, and an amazing, vibrant team
How to apply
Please submit your CV and one page cover letter to email@example.com with “Press and Communications Manager Application” in the subject line. Please include current employment status and likely notice period. Please note that due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to candidates who we wish to interview.
Diversity and inclusion
We strive to create a fair and healthy environment where all colleagues feel challenged, valued and supported. We aim to cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where our people are highly engaged, and individual contributions are celebrated. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.