Digital Campaigns Advisor
Reporting to Campaign Director
Full time, fixed term, 12-month contract
Salary: ~£26,000-£30,000 depending on experience
Deadline: Rolling applications, with a view to recruit ASAP.
Location: London based but with possibility of remote working
We are recruiting an exceptional Digital Campaigns Advisor on an initial fixed term, one-year contract to turbocharge the Make My Money Matter campaign’s online presence.
This role will report into the Campaign Director, with responsibility for managing our social media activity, designing and developing creative content, overseeing our website, building strategies to attract, recruit and engage our supporters, and leading efforts to amplify our advocacy work through on and offline mobilizations.
We are ambitious about increasing our digital reach, impact and engagement, and want a creative, entrepreneurial digital specialist to help us drive this activity.
There’s £3 trillion in UK pensions – we believe that money should be moved from the destructive, harmful investments of the past, into those which help build a future we can all be proud of. Spearheaded by film maker, UN Advocate and co-founder of Comic Relief, Richard Curtis, Make My Money Matter works to transform the financial system so it puts people and planet on a par with profit.
Our campaign includes three core workstreams:
- Public Campaign: we’re delivering high profile, public campaigning to show the power of our money as a vehicle for good. Using creative, engaging techniques, we tell the story of how our money can build a better future, and mobilise people to take action
- High Profile Partnerships: we’re transforming how NGOs, businesses, universities, local authorities, and public figures think about sustainability to ensure their money aligns with their values, and helps build a better world
- Policy and Advocacy: we work with a core set of partners, including advocacy groups, government agencies, and the finance industry to create a unifying call for policy reforms that transform the system from within. We then advocate for these goals at key national and global moments to secure long term, systemic change
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a digital specialist who is passionate about our mission and is excited to join a new campaign working to transform the financial system and tackle the climate crisis.
This is a diverse role requiring someone adept at crafting and delivering online content and strategies. We are seeking someone creative, adaptable and passionate; a personable, flexible self-starter with experience delivering in a fast-moving and/or start up environment, and an individual with a track record of effective digital communications, storytelling and campaigns.
They must be able demonstrate excellent understanding of digital techniques that mobilize the public, ideally with experience within the climate, finance or international development sectors.
COre responsibilities and tasks
- Social Media
- Manage Make My Money Matter’s Social Media accounts, and develop and implement strategies that raise our profile, grow our brand and mobilise new/existing audiences
- Creative content
- Develop creative content, and repurpose existing assets, to amplify the campaign
- Develop key messaging and written content to support the campaign
- Member engagement
- Lead on the development and management of Make My Money Matter’s supporter engagement strategy, ensuring a growth in the quantity and engagement rates of supporters
- This includes creating content (emails, blogs, social), supporter journeys, strategies and actions that grow membership, improve engagement and deliver objectives
- Campaign tactics
- Devise, develop and deliver impactful, creative campaigns which promote Make My Money Matter’s messages to a diverse audience, on and offline
- Oversee the campaign website – including day to day updates, regular content creation and management, and longer-term web development
- Analysis and insights
- Monitor delivery of digital activities, learn from best practice and evidence, and adapt our approach based on these insights to improve performance and achieve objectives
- General Campaign activity
- Support on the design and delivery of stunts, events and other public facing activities
- Help manage partnerships with selected digital agencies and consultants
- General support to the campaign as required in a small, start-up environment
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within digital communications, social media marketing or campaigning, with proven record of high performance
- Experience of developing and managing digital communications and campaigns, including using platforms such as MailChimp and Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- Experience of email marketing, social media, supporter journeys and web development
- Experience developing innovative public mobilisation campaigns; tactics, content and strategy
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills,
- Ability to translate complex concepts into digestible, meaningful and engaging copy
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail
- Creative approach with a flair for telling stories in fun and innovative manners
- A finger on the pulse for engaging audiences on the power of money in tackling global issues
- Track record of high performance in entrepreneurial setting, with ability to work under pressure
- Team player, with a willingness to get stuck in and a positive and proactive approach
- A commitment to Make My Money Matter’s aims and an understanding of our campaign goals
- Pre-existing authorisation to work in the UK
- Experience of managing projects and organizing public events and stunts
- Experience building partnerships and establishing and maintaining networks
- A track record of speaking truth to power and agitating for change
- An ability to identify new opportunities for impact and capitalise on them
In return, we offer
- A competitive salary and pension contributions
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to make an impact in the world with high-profile, mission-driven organization
- A supportive, inclusive environment, and an amazing, vibrant team
How to apply
Please submit your CV and one page cover letter to email@example.com with “Digital Campaigns Advisor Application” in the subject line. Please include current employment status and likely notice period. Please note that due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to candidates who we wish to interview.
Diversity and inclusion
We strive to create a fair and healthy environment where all colleagues feel challenged, valued and supported. We aim to cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where our people are highly engaged, and individual contributions are celebrated. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.